Corrective Massage Therapy
At Healing Elephant Acupuncture & Wellness Clinic, we offer Corrective Massage Therapy that’s a results-oriented treatment inspired by ancient cultures and performed on people who want to stop pain and suffering.
Massage is one of the oldest healing arts and has been practiced for thousands of years. Chinese records dating back 3,000 years document its use; the ancient Hindus, Persians, and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments; and Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems.
This form of therapeutic massage uses advanced massage techniques that are curated to balance your individual and unique concerns. Deep pressure work does not always address the root cause of pain or tension. Specific and comprehensive work effectively restores balance, relieves pain, and relieves the stress and tension of everyday living that can lead to disease and illness.
Join the Healing Elephant community and receive a FREE ebook on How Stress Affects the Body and Brain.
What To Expect:
You will be guided through the breath, range of motion and educated about stress holding patterns while receiving effective soft tissue release.
- An interdisciplinary approach that integrates Neuromuscular Therapy, Orthopedic Massage, Sports massage, Deep tissue massage, Swedish Massage, Myoskeletal Alignment, and other advanced techniques into each session
- Musculoskeletal integrity is assessed and aligned with soft tissue therapy and myofascial release
- Mind-body awareness is cultivated with simple, effective breathing throughout the session
The Benefits of Corrective Massage
This type of massage will effectively help with a wide variety of issues:
- Improve your quality of life
- Alleviate chronic muscle pain
- Relieve headache, sinus and migraine pain
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Recover from strenuous workouts
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin
- Increase joint flexibility
- Improve joint pain
- Lessen anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Improving circulation
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce muscle spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins – the body’s natural happy chemicals
- Relieve TMJ